Dark Age: Mage
A strange and sometimes clownishly sarcastic One-eyed Old Ways Necromancer, Bogdan is somewhat of a refuge from his land seeking out knowledge and ways to fullfill his "mistress" (death).
A strange and sometimes clownishly sarcastic One-eyed Old Ways Necromancer, Bogdan is somewhat of a refuge from his land seeking out knowledge and ways to fullfill his “mistress’” (death) ultimate embrace. Although some view him as a dark soul, he views himself as a human representative for the natural event of death.
To Bogdan, death is to be avoided (as suicide is hardly a natural thing to his beliefs) if possible but to be ultimately embraced. Those that would turn to undeath are the ultimate in monstrosity and abominations: they who would deny life’s natural cycle from pure cowardace. He does seem to relish in despensing it though…of course violence is part of nature and his mistress, as Bogdan puts it, “is a rough bitch sometimes”.
- Bogdan is one-eyed, apparently his village has a tradition of ritually scarring the first male child of the only one-eyed survivor’s decendant of the battle of Kleidon nearly 200 years ago.
- Bogdan is bald with a bit of a beard, his cloak is blackened (worn over armor) and he often has a unappealing personal accountance if not a pleasant demeanor.
- Both his name “God Given” as well as personal accounts have let the party know that his mother wanted him to be a monk. Where he learned the magical arts is another story yet untold…
- For one who is labeled by others’ prejudgements as a necromancer, Bogdan truly enjoys life.
- It appears that Bogdan prefers the direct approach often over subtlety. He is perhaps a bit too overconfident in himself.
- The undead and abominations of nature are to Bogdan the worst possible fiends in the world. Those that cheat death and twist life need to be brought to death’s justice. His visual disgust with Vampires and their ilk show just this.